Dienstag, 30. April 2013

Changing plans

Today the visit of Asakusa was scheduled, BUT.. the weather was windy, not very sunny and it seems like rain would start every second - btw, it didn't rain the whole day, but how could I know - so I would have been unable to take good pictures of the Kaminarimon-Gate, the shrine and the area overall, so I decided to go to the Tokyo Stock Exchange, which is only approx. 500m away from my hotel.


It was very interesting. Especially that groups, who are going to visit this "sight" seem to be usual there, every member of the group that came right before me was wearing a suit, so I felt kinda underdressed.

There was also a small museum about the history of the stock exchange.


After that, I was able to see the area where the economical "magic" happenes. There was no magic actually, nobody running around screaming buy, buy, sell, sell (in japanese), somebody seemed like almost sleeping.


As my main plannings are almost done, there's only Asakusa - not possible today - and the Tsukiji Fish Market left, but some Book Offs that I didn't yet visit and some I'd like to revisit, so I chose Ikebukuru and Kichijoji.

Too bad i didn't find anything in Ikebukuro this time. After the Book Off I went to a restaurant to  eat something, I had a burger, it was really very tasty.


To get to Kichijoji I had to use the JR Yamanote-Line to get to Shinjuku, there I changed for the Chuo-Line.
I knew this connection already because I used this lines everyday doing my last Japan vacations.


At the Book Off the prices were medium, I bought Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional, which I was searching for very long already, so I'm happy to have it now, the Book Off itself was a very good own, but because of the higher prices than normal I rate 4/5 STARS, although they had DQMJ2P.

After a coffee at the Excelsior Cafe I went home using the JR-Chuo-Line until Ogikubo and changed there for the Morunouchi Metro Line, that was cheaper than using the JR until Shinjuku and changing there.


I got up late today, so that was all I did today.

Hopefully the weather will be good enough tomorrow to go to Asakusa and Jimbocho, Booksellers district.

Stay tuned and good Night

1 Kommentar: