Sonntag, 21. April 2013

It's been a rainy day

After 7 hours of sleep I woke up at 8:30, felt pretty good, not as exhausted as the before.
But when I looked out of the window I noticed rain, rain, and even more rain, so the plans for this day were already gone down the drain.

After the breakfast at the hotel I got an umbrella at the reception and headed to Shibuya, Suitengumae until Shibuya with the Hanzomon Line from Z10 to Z01, approx 20 min.

The rain hasn't really stopped, so still motivation up, at least it was not as cold as the day before, this time I've been wearing enough, so it was only wet, thanks to the rain, but not that cold anymore.

The first aim was the Book Off, but it was hard to find the right direction, and also to see, where one got out of the Metro, there were 16 exits...

On the way to the Book Off I went into a small book store, in front of almost every store plastic bags for one's umbrellas were provided to ensure that the umbrella's water can't harm any item in the shops, great idea, should be done in Germany, too.

When I finally arrived at the Book Off, after visiting some other stores to kill some time, because they opened at 11:00AM, I pulled a plastic bag over my umbrella for the 4th or fifth time that day and went in.

I guess some positions were different compared to the last time I've been there, but the location of the game guides was the same, so evereything was allright, I've searching over and over, but finally found something that caught my interest, a guide for Yoshis Island DS, were a guide is really helpful, because in Germany there is no and some maps are really kinda tricky.
I also bought the japanese version of Fire Emblem Awakening. After looking at the 2nd - were I saw some DragonBall manga and had a small flashback to my beginnings of reading manga, I also noticed the different covers compared to the western versions, which I only knew from a DragonBall Artbook - and 3rd floor, where there was nothing of interest.

The time has passed by so it was 12:20 and I went to Mandarake, which I tried to visit before, but discovered they open at 12:00.

I made a small film there and needed 3 takes - ist one didn't record - 2nd one has been recording, but with a swithced off microphone - but the 3rd try worked perfectly, after that I went in and found some very strange things, an action figure of Steve Jobbs, with an iPad.



I stayed in there for a while and went out using elevator, which many people don't know it exists and even when they know don't find.

With the elevator I went up until the 3rd floor to enter the Animate+, it had a weird smell in there, just like apes or so. In the game section there were some artworks, but nothing new, btw. there are 3 Artbooks from Final Fantasy for the 25th anniversary, they got greats artworks, CG, concept and others for approx 30 € per artbook.

Lunch Time... at Mc Donald's, 2 Chicken Crisps filled my stomach.

Next place was the Maruzen book store on the 7th floor of the Tokyu Department Store Building, which was very close to an H&M store.
The Maruzen was an enormous book store, many books and only a few game guides, I bought a MonHun Ecology Figure Artbook of the Deviljho, a mixture "set" of an artbook (small one with 16(?) pages) and a Deviljho figure, a very difficult and strong monster of the Monster Hunter series.

Then it was time for the next film, I took one of the Shibuya crossing and of the Hachiko statue, I had to wait a while until it was my time, but then i used my gap and talked about Hachiko, the people around were a bit surprised about the camera and my microphone, there was a huge circle around me, waiting for me finishing my video so they can go on taking pictures of Hachiko.

Then I used the JR Yamanote Line to get to Akiba and fulfill my plans from the day before, because of the rain Harajuku was no option anymore.

The following shops were visited, Hobby Figure and Hobby Figure, two shops which didn't belong together although the had the same name articles and were next to each other...(?) - Aso Bit City where an awesome and epic music was played, someone told me it was from Space Battleship YAMATO - not yet checked, so I have no proof.

Kotobukiya - almost the same stuff as last year, for MonHun they have updated products offered and something to drink in cooperation with Asahi - THE HUNTER COLA - maybe it will increase my hunting skills..., maybe not, its taste is OK, just like Cola with something added that I can't define.


I also discovered a small shrine which looked like it was added by a program, it was so different compared to the rest of Akiba, like it didn't belong there.

The Bukiya, which I searched last year, too, was finally found... my expectations were pretty high and were not satisfied, in addition I was not allowed to take pictures, the items are awesome but not as high as the price was, thousands of Yen for sword replica which looked very artificial, so I didn't stay in there for long.

After leaving this I saw the shop of the day, although they sold items that have already seen many days, I talking about SUPER POTATO, a shop for retro games, retro merchandise, old game guides, consoles and for sure current stuff and its merchandise.


I can describe this shop with one word awesomenesstasticboombastic, when I walked trough the rows I saw so many old games from the Super Famicom (SNES) or other consoles, I had the old days of my childhood with these games instantly in mind, great flashback, great memories.


There was also a first Virtual Boy, I've seen many behind glass before, but never touched one or even played it, today I did both, it was like a GameBoy game with red and black and a 3D effect instead of yellow and green and that's all, except for the pain in the eyes because of this (only played 3 min.).

I bought the two guides of Zelda no Densetsu *rest of japanese title unknown*... - The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, one of my all-time-favorites, it must be played at least once per year with no defeat and all 20 hearts - I think the last time it was under 5 hours. The second thing I bought was the guide for Seiken Densetsu 2 - formally known as Secret of Mana.



After leaving this shop it was already getting dark.
My last stop before getting back to the hotel was the Yodobashi Akiba, where I got a set of MonHun Figures - Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 6, on my way there I saw small show case with Akiba Ranger and also there fullsize costumes.



I was back in the hotel at 8:00PM and played some Fire Emblem, ate some McD food and strted to write this entry, yeah.

C U tomorrow

(Tomorrow it's time for Shinjuku with its Kinokunyas, Book Offs, the Square Enix Artnia Store and other stuff.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen