Montag, 29. April 2013

No Way til Kyuden

Today I was kinda lazy, this morning.

I only got up for breakfast this morning and then I went to bed again, walking around so much is exhausting and vacation should have a relaxing part, too.

I finally got up at 12:00 because the Imperial Palace or at least a picture and the Godzilla statue was schedules for today. I good way to calm down you might think, I thought so, too... I was wrong, but you will see.

I used the Hanzomon Line to get to Otemachi, it's almost next to the East entrance of the Imperial Palace area. This area consists of the Imperial Palace (Kyuden), which can only be visited on two days per year, the Emperor's Birthday (23.12.) and New Year (02.01.), the second part is the Imperial Eastern Garden.

I entered the area by the Ote-mon (-mon means gate) and went through the Imperial Palace East Gardens, ending up at the Site of Edo-Jo in the north, is was a former defence tower in the Edo period, only the basement of this tower is left.

As there was no way to walk westwards to get a good view of the palace I went out nortwards, and went left, walking around the whole area I hoped to get a better angle to view the palace and to take a picture.
It was a long way, and the whole time runners passed by, kinda annoying,

I went round about 2 km without getting anything to see of the palace, except for KEEP OUT signs until I reached the Kokyo-gaien, a forecourt of the Sei-mon, where I was finally able to take a picture of one part of the palace, the Fushimi-yagura, which is a small building.


The whole Area is the Imperial Palace, so every building there is part of the palace.

After giving up to get a better picture or to see anything more of the palace - I had surrounded the whole area standing only a few hundred meters away from the Ote-mon - I went to a statue of a general, General Kusunoki Masashige.


After that I left the area and went to Hibiya, which was very close now, my aim was the Hibiya Chanter, where a Godzilla Statue is placed, it's placed there, because Hibiya and Ginza were the first areas destroyed by Godzilla.


After having a very delicious cheeseburger at Freshness Burgers, I used the Yurakucho Line to get to Iidabashi, where I located a Book Off this morning before I left the hotel.

It was not close to the exit I chose, it was directly next to this Metro exit, so I didn't have location issues to find it.


On 3 floors, they had a lot, but the sad thing was the small video game section, so I rate 4,5/5, still a great Boof Off, that I can definitely recommand.

That's all for now.

Tomorrow it's time for Asakusa and Kappabashi, where plastic food is offered.

Bye-bye.

Some hours ago there was a small earthquake, it shook for 1 minute, surprising, that it was my first earthquake even if I have been to Japan three times already.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen