Freitag, 26. April 2013

Climbing up on Roppongi Hills

April 25th - (yesterday)

I got up way too late that day, because I was surfin' too long the night before, so it's my own fault.

I almost wasted the hole day staying in the hotel for the hole day, but I pulled myself together - it was the right decision, you will get it later.

I left the hotel at 12:00 and went to Shirokanedai, which is kinda close to Roppongi, which was the main target of the day.

It was tricky to get there, because the subway must have been changed several times.

In Shirokanedai there is one of the biggest Book Offs in Tokyo, it's known for its more than 40.000 foreign books. There's also a café in there, so you can buy a book and have a cup of coffee, I remembered this store from my trip 3 years ago, first I thought the location changed, but when I was in there it doesn't seem so.


After i went to the game and game guide section, where I found a beautiful artbook of Final Fantasy Type-0 - awesome one with concept arts, areas and so on in a very good shape - I went to foreign books, especially the movie section. I found more than I expected, a Making of Book about Jurassic Park, which I hardly didn't take, then I saw a Godzilla Make of (the western Godzilla) book, not really good, the same as the movie. Then I saw the official FRIENDS Guide Book to all the seasons of the series, which I already saw three years ago, but didn't take it, this year I took it and a FRIENDS Trivia book with questions to all the 10 seasons, it'a awesome and reminds of watching all seasons over and over, some questions are kinda english only jokes, which I don't know because of watching the German version.
This Book Off was awesome+ so I will rate it 5/5 BOOKS instead of STARS.

After Shirokanedai it was time for Roppongi.
I remembered: "Leave the Rolex building behind and walk on to find the THI Friday and the Hard Rock Café.", because I confused Eiji and David last year already, leading them in the wrong direction.
So I left the Rolex building behind me and went on until I reached Roppongi Hills, that was confusing to me, because last year and also 3 years ago I couldn't find it, so I must have been wrong - I was - but now I knew the location of the Roppongi Hills.


After arriving at the Rolex building I took another way and finally got to the THI Friday.


I had baby back rips, with 2.000 Yen (16-18 €) for a half not really cheap, but it was great, I didn't regret anything, for drinking I had a Blue Raspberry Slush, it was raspberry with soda and lemonade.
And almost everywhere you get a water for free, which I didn't drink, I don't like the taste of the tap water, it tastes a bit like chlorid.
The TGIFwas so fantastic, I ate here because 3 years ago and also last year I've already eaten there, last year I refused to take the rips, but this year I took them and it tasted as good as in New York 2 years ago.


Envy is OK, the taste was awesome, I could lick the meat off the bones.

The TGIF was followed by a short visit in the Hard Rock Shop, they offered some new stuff, but a expensive and the arrivals were not as cool as those I already got, so I took 1 stop forward and 2 (actually 3) steps back, took some pictures of the Tokyo Tower, which one could and then went back to Roppongi Hills, am mall with some shops, which didn't catch my attention, but an iron spider outside of the building and the Tokyo Tower in harmony with the moon could.







That's all for this day. On the last picture a ghost was also creeping in.

At the Hotel I was so tired, I just fell asleep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen