Freitag, 26. April 2013

3 Malls and a Gundam

Today there was only one thing on the list, Odaiba.

It was a bit diificult to get there with the subway (Metro), but I was relaxed, because the day before I started sleeping very early.

With the Asakusa Line from Ningyocho until Gotando, there I had to walk 500-600 meters, I walked next to a small river, which I guess looked beautiful at the beginning of April when in Japan the Hanami, the cherry  blossom viewing is celebrated.


After this short walk I arrived at Osaki station, there I caught the Rinkai Line to get to Tokyo Teleport.
It was very hard to understand the speakers announcing the stations.

When I got out of Tokyo Teleport station I looked around first to define the order in which to visit the malls.


The Venus Outles was the first mall to visit, the way to get in there was easy, using the escalator on the left side of the building, because the outlet part on the 3rd floor caught my biggest interest and maybe my only, one of the others was Venus Family, children's stuff.

Nothing to find for men, only some Italian shoes for 40.000 Yen instead of 45.000, huge discount..., so I headed to the 2nd floor, VENUS Grand, also nothing for me, so I started trying to get out, I wasted approx. 15 min. to find a way to get out, I didn't find any exit on the 2nd or 1st floor, so I finally had to go back to the 3rd floor and then using an elevator to get to a special elevator exit, which could not be reached from the 1st or 2nd floor, weird.

While searching the exit I discovered a torture store on the 1st floor - THE PINK HORROR (sounds like an announced MMA Fighter) - the Hello Kitty's Kawaii Paradise, I think even small girls think that's too much.


After finally getting out the Diver City Tokyo was the next schedule. I bought a pair of shorts at the Old Navy store next to the entrance, because I needed some, the old ones were not really cool anymore.
Some stores had some really freakin' names and it was a mall so there's not so much to, but the fact that vthe ramen was awesome, cold but after one put the soup to the udon noodles it was allright, really great taste.




Strange names, right?

Compared to the Venus Mall, it was easy to get out, I also took the perfectly right one, because in front of this exit was the Gundam, a huge "robot", in the manga and anime it's called Mobile Suit, so it's kinda machine, which is controlled by humans and no robot. Every 30 or 60 min. a small "show" is started, when the Gundam moves its heads and steam (water) comes out of its arms, legs and chest.
I waited around 20 min. to the Gundam's move, and its move were kinda GUNDAM STYLE...



Right behind the statue, there's a Gundam Café, where you can buy some merchandising and for sure a coffee.


Then I went to the Fuji Television building, crossing a huge group of girls, with 1 man hidden on there - maybe his name was Waldo - who were waiting for whatever, maybe the new japanese Justin Bieber had a show.


At Fuji Tv I climbed up all the stairs, this view reminded me of some Sentai series. I guess some scenes have been shot there.



Next to the entrance there were two figures of the beloved anime franchise ONE PIECE and in the there was a shop, where some ONE PIECE and Fuji TV stuff was sold.




After Fuji TV there was only 1 mall left, Aqua City Odaiba, which I already knew from last September, so I went in and instantly "ran" to the Capcom store. This year they exhibited a new armor, the Lagiacrus armor instead of the Jinouga Armor. The Lagiacrus Armor is the Armor of the Flagship Monster of Monster Hunter Tri. As last year I took many pictures this year, too. They also moved a display case for me, giving me the chance to take some pictures of the armors back.



The rest of the mall was not that interesting to me, it was a mall so there's nothing left to say.
When I went out to get to the Joypolis, which is next to the Aqua City Odaiba it already started getting dark.
The Joypolis closed at 6:00 PM and the last chance to enter was at 5:15 PM, but I think I didn't miss anything, it seemed to be an ARCADE store with attractions.

Even if it were possible to enter it, I guess I wouldn't have paid any tickets for something like that.
So I went off to the beach and took some photos and went back to the station crossing the Gundam again with its lights on.



On Odaiba was only 1 thing left, a picture of the big ferris wheel.


At around 6:30 PM I finally left Odaiba taking the Rinkai Line for Gotanda again.
Close to the Osaki station (maybe 200m) there was a Book Off, which I visited as it was to be expected.



To make it short... 4/5 STARS

CYA tomorrow, I'm not sure where the wind will take me then.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen