Sonntag, 28. April 2013

Anger issues in a crowded street VS Calm in a park

As it is Sunday, the Yoyogi Park is a good sight to visit on a sunny Sunday.

The park , but the Takeshita-Dori isn't.

The Yoyogi Park was the main issue of today.
To get there and to save money and also to add something more to the duty list, I started in Shibuya, with the Hanzomon Line I was able to get there directly.
As there are 16 exits, it was really very easy to take a wrong one - I took one and went in the wrong direction, instead of walking left, I walked right.

A short stop at the Book Off and the Mandarake is always possible, when you're in Shibuya.
The price of the games is a bit higher than in other Book Offs, but the product range, the quality and also the amount of articles over 3 floors is just amazing, it's hard to leave this store without having found something, 5/5 STARS.

As the articles of the Mandarake always change, on this vacation I think the Mandarake in Akiba has impressed me more this time than the one in Shibuya.

From Shibuya I had to go around 1 km parallel with the JR tracks, after a few minutes the area didn't look the big shopping district Shibuya.

I entered the Yoyogi area at the south, where the Tokyo rockabillies meet every Sunday. They call theirselves the Toyko Rock'n'Rollers. The also have jackets with LEBELS on their backs, I guess it should mean rebels, but who knows, but them. I waited until they started dancing, I guess I waited 20 min., it reminded me of waiting for the Gundam on Odaiba, every 2 minutes it seemed like they prepared for starting up, but they didn't, the girl there changed her top for several times until they finally started to move/dance to 50s/60s music.

After that the anger started, I went to Takeshita-Dori (Takeshita-Street). You should never enter this narrow street on a Sunday, it feels like whole Tokyo is willing to visit this street at the same time.

The stores couldn't catch my interest either, so I tried to get trough as fast as possible.
Around the whole Harajuku area were thousands of people, it increased my anger, when they didn't move just because someone was yelling his products into the street.

After all I finally could return to the entrance of the Yoyogi Park, which I entered imidiately.
At the Meiji Shrine I bought 2 charms like I did my 2 visits before.

The shrine was named after Emperor Meiji, who opened up Japan to the rest of the world. This time took place in the early 19th Century and was called Meiji Restoration, a good and accurate movie about this topic is "THE LAST SAMURAI" with Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe, who was dubbed by the famous japanese opera singer Toru Tanabe in the German version of this movie.

Compared to the noisy Takeshita-Street, the Park is calm, relaxing and refreshing.

This time I saw a Wedding again, it seems like everytime I get there, there is a Shinto wedding, maybe always on Sunday or weddings are schedules there over and over the whole time.

I finally left the park through the north exit. Only e few hundret meters further there was Book Off, so I went in there, it's a small one and I rate it with only 2/5 STARS.

As I was almost in Shibuya and it wasn't too late, so went to the Book Off there, too.
I finally found a game guide for Paper Mario Sticker Star, which is pretty helpful, if you want to find all the hidden stickers.

3 Floors, huge and amazing selection, medium prices, but still 5/5 STARS.

After that I used the Morunouchi Line to get back to the hotel, I changed for the Hanzomon Line in Otemachi, so I arrived at around 8 PM.

Tomorrow there's a National Public Holiday, so I'll go to Tokyo Central, taking pictures of the Imperial Palace, the Edo Castle and also will visit the Hibiya Chanter, where a small Godzilla Statue is located.

CYA

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen