Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2013

A full Schedule and everything done on time

Today I woke up very early, compared to the last days, because i had a full schedule - driving to Oshiage (Skytree) - taking pictures there - walking back to Asakusa, especially the Kaminarimon-Gate - walking along the promenade and take pictures - heading for the kappabashi area, where plastic replica food is sold - crossing the Inaricho Book Off - walking on for Ueno Station - visiting Ueno Boof Off - heading back to the station - driving until Jimbocho, the book sellers distrtict - and get home after this.

These were the plannings for today, and I was able to accomplish them all.

With the Hanzomon Subway I got to Oshiage directly, and when I left the station, I was in the basement of the Skytree and its mall.

I was only taking some pictures, because I had visited the observation deck, last year already.

Tagged KFC Colonel
Pretty small compared to the Skytree

After heading back to Asakusa and arriving at the Kaminarimon-Gate, which is "protected" by two giant Kami (Shinto-Gods) statues, Fu-Jin and Rai-Jin, I directly went into the promenade after taking pictures.
The Nakamise-Dori has many shops with typical japanese food, gifts ond other stuff, it's leading to the Hozo-Mon-Gate and the Main Hall of the  Senso-ji Temple.
There was also the Insence Burner, surrounded by many people, where "holy smoke" came out.






After finishing the whole area I went to MOS BURGER and ate a Mos Burger, delicious, really very good, you should definitely eat there if you are in Japan.


Then I went on on for plastic food.
The Kappabashi-Dori was kinda hard to find, even with my Map App, which perfectly helped me in many situations already.
This street is famous for restaurant utensils, one shop after another sells pans, tables, dishes and so on, but I was searching for the plastic food replicas. I visited 5 shops, I also couldn't see any more, which offered this "food". I hoped to buy a steak or a beer, but it's very expensive, one steak replica for 3.600 Yen (32 €), one beer including the glass for 4.500-9.600 Yen, even small Sushi parts for 1.200, so I didn't buy any of them.

Tanukis near to Kappabashi-Dori

When I left this street in the southern exit, taking the Asakusa-Dori westwards for Ueno, I discovered the Book Off of Inaricho, it had 2 floors, 1F and B1F, just a small range of product, a small shop, even although there were 2 floors.


I rate 2/5 STARS, only because the prices for the games were OK, so this store is no Must-Visit-Book Off.

After arriving at Ueno station I headed directly for the Book Off, the prices and the articles were as good, as I remembered, so I bought 2 games for 950 Yen each game - in Shibuya these games were offered for 1.980 Yen per game.
I went into Yodobashi Camera for short because I was searching for the Game Guide for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional, too bad, they didn't have it, hopefully I will gather it tomorrow in the Shibuya Maruzen.

After Ueno, there was only Jimbocho left.
Some shops offered old and rare books, but I was interested in newer books, So I visited the Books Sanseido and the Shosen Grande after having a Caramel Macchiato with extra cinnamon. If you are into old and new japanese books, this district must be visited.

That was my last item on my schedule, so I went back to the hotel after that - stopped at 7 Eleven for Melon Bread - arriving at 8:30 PM.

Tomorrow it's time to visit the Maruzen in Shibuya again, I need this guide and maybe the Artbook of Devil May Cry 1-4.

I hope you'll read me tomorrow again, Bye bye.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen