Donnerstag, 25. September 2014

Lost in Shirokanedai

Sadly the title is completely right, I was not "Lost in Translation" but lost in Shirokanedai, but I will explain.

I caught a cold, so I stayed a bit longer in the hotel, drank a hot lemon and tried to recover.

At 2PM I finally left the hotel, I felt a bit better, hopefully the cold will be over soon.

I went out for a Book Off tour starting with Ikebukuro, I chose the wrong exit, so I had walk around the whole station.

When I got to the sunshine city complex I instantly entered the Book Off, I stayed there a while, because the offer is awesome, I bought a game guide for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, to be honest, I bought, another one for my colleague, both had a different price, 760 and 1250, so I talked to one of the workers to change the price, because the guides were both the same, none was damaged or so - he changed it. I also saw some GameCube games but could resist.

After that I went on to Shirokanedai, especially for the Book Off with over 40.000 foreign books..., at least that was my target, but there was no Book Off anymore, it was gone, I haven't checked yet, where it has moved (if), so I went down the road to get to the temple/shrine with the 47 Ronin and their master/Lord, should have been 500-700 meters - btw, rain started, no umbrella - after 2 hours (maybe less, at least it felt like this?) I finally reached the temple - I passed some other shrines, too - it was already almost closed, so I couldn't get into the left areal, where the ronin were, so I have to come again. Though I had my Map with me pro I couldn't find the right way to get there, some streets were gone others doesn't appear on my map...








I have to come back again, but next time I will manage it a bit better.

When I went on, I had problems to find a Metro station (had a one-day-Metro-Ticket, JR would not have helped, but even this wasn't in range), because there was no. I had to walk until the Tokyo Tower, I passed the embassidy of Kuwait, the Mita Junior High School, but no where a Metro station.

Being "lost" when having a cold in combination with rain (only small drops, but still anoying) isn't that nice...

Next to the TT I took the Kami..something station (Hibiya-Line) until Nakameguro for one final Book Off before I went back to the hotel.









I found 2 books about "Friends", they are awesome just like this show, in these books there are the original sedcards of the cast, for a big fan of this sitcom these background data is pretty nice, I already enjoyed reading the MAD comic strip, especially the last picture about "George" from Seinfeld is funny - I love both, "FRIENDS" and "SEINFELD" - I guess I will watch both series again, when I'm back in Germany.



That's all for now, tomorrow it's party time in Shibuya (especially Club Womb, was recommended by a few people), and also time for Asakusa and Kyuden, the Imperial Palace (at least the one small building that can be seen from outside of the palace, maybe it's nothing more than a "space for shoes of a princess that is almost never there" - kidding(?))

2 Kommentare:

  1. Whaaat? The Book Off in Shirokanedai is closed? I couldn't believe it and just googled but it's true... Now there's no reason to go to Japan anymore... *just kidding*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. And by the way: I hope you get better soon.

    AntwortenLöschen