Sonntag, 14. September 2014

Expect the unexpected... and join in!

Today we went to Nakano for Nakano Broadway, after that Shinjuku was planned, at the beginning we wanted to go to Shinjuku first, great we didn't.

We bought a 1-Day-Metro-Ticket for 710Yen.

We used the Hanzomon Line until Kudanshita and from there we went on by the Tozai Subway Line to get to Nakano to see the Nakano Broadway, where many hobby and figure shops are located, e.g. Mandarake, there's one in Akiba and Shibuya, too.

When we entered the passage before the broadway, I noticed, that I forgot my SD-card in my laptop back in the hotel..., so I bought one directly in the first shop.



After a few meters we noticed a crowd of people and a portable shrine - MATSURI - they were preparing for a matsuri, it's a festival where very often portable shrines are carried through the area for the whole day - the shrine symbolizes a God / Kami. There are different reasons for this festivals, luck, a good harvest and others things.

The group we saw was preparing to start at 12:15, I asked some of them to explain what was going on there, I also asked 3 kids, who didn't know any english, I felt bad about asking them. One man that I asked was screaming around, who can talk english to me.



After going on, we reached the Nakano Broadway mall and saw and heard one already carried shrine, they matsuri had already started. When they made a short stop at the center and I made some pictured, one guy came over to me, told me a bit about the matsuri and so on, they also gave us beer, it was a great feeling, like talking to an old friend. He then introduced me a French girl, who also participated in the Matsuri. When I asked her how easy it is to be part of the matsuri, carriing the shrine, and everything else, they asked me, if I wanted to be part of it and join in, I DID! They lended me one of their cloths so I could join in.










The shrine is around 600kg and carried by 12 and more people, so it was my time to show my guts, when their break was over - I was part of the matsuri, we carried the shrine around the passage up to the station and into the passage again - pretty hard work but funny, I enjoyed the team spririt and adrenalin that was in the air. In the middle of the way, they gave a break, but got me again into the front part until I was in the first row, shocking but awesome.







When they stopped they gave me a miso soup and an onigiri and Ocha tea. It felt so great to be part of it. We've been talking a bit, the French girl told me, that she was doing an internship and working in a bar - I guess Royal Bar or so, we will get there within the next days. They also gave the headband as a present of the matsuri. Later some taiko drums played and all were in a good mood. An elderly lady asked me, if I took part, too and I was proud to say yes, she was happy about so as I.






After giving back the cloths We went to our planned target of the day, the Nakano broadway. Many small shops with everything hobby, figures, manga, anime, old film posters (we saw an old German Monster movie Poster), toys, games and many other things. After a while my cameras battery pack was empty - making all the photos and videos was exhausting for my cam. As we had a 1-day-ticket, we went back to the hotel to get the other battery pack and went to Shinjuku afterwards.

There we went to the Metropolitan Government Office by passing Shinjukus underground plaza.
Too bad that it was Sunday, so we were unable to use the observatory. We went to the hilton hotel, made some pictures and went back to the station, we saw some street artists there, also a magician.












After reaching the East part of Shinjuku we visited a Book Off - bought Dragon Quest Monster 2(?) for 3DS - and had diner afterwards. We enjoyed Udon - Wheat noodles. I also asked, weather the restaurant workers can recommend a bar, which offers nomihodai (all-you-can-drink) - they didn't have a favorite, but said, that in the area of Kabukicho some bars offer nomihodai.

After walking around we finally headed back to the hotel.

So, they second is over and as it is 9:58 AM we will head to Ikebukuro now.

Trophies earned:

Eat Udon
Discover LOVE - the sign next to the Hilton hotel
Eat Onigiri

Bonus: Find and join in a Matsuri


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen