Dienstag, 18. September 2012

Shinjuku, the next dejà-vu and other small parts of Tokyo

Monday, September 17th

I've learned from yesterday, so I didn't get up that early, because I didn't want endanger not yet opened stores. I had some sleeping difficulties, also because of the hits by the moskitos or other insects, 3 at my left arm and hand and 1 per foot.

I started with buying a Suica card, a kinda prepaid card for driving with the JR railways and the Metro (subway), to prevent time problems at Sept. 29th I asked someone, when the first train departs in the morning, they didn't know but thought the first would leave at 5:00AM.
I went to Kinshicho for a Bookoff but also wanted to see a bit more of the part than 2 years ago by using the Chuo line over Ochanumizu and then the Sobu line.
Again I asked for MonHun and Yotsuba, both found very fast, some can speak english better than others (although my english and its grammar has become some kinda rusty over the years).

The Bookoff was followed by a huge shopping centre, which wasn't worty to observe, so I went out after a short. Around the JR station there was nothing of interest, so I went on to Hamamatsucho, I had to go over Tokyo and from there by using the Yamanote Line. To go on with the dejà vus I was going to head to tthe Pokémon Center, I only wanted to take a short look and take some photos we didn't take the last time, but this day, there were more than 300 people – I asked one of the PC empoyes, but there was no event this day, so the amount of people was a bit less than half a German Pokémon Day and this every day, I was also allowed to film a bit inside, it was very crowded and I also had to wait half an hour to get in. There were also 2 special downloads, which are done every day until the end of October. It was somehow tricky to get all the information, what was going on there. After an hour I left the place and headed on to Shinjuku, which has 2 parts, the amusement part and the skyscraper district. Iwanted to go to the Metropolitan Government Office for a panorama view of Tokyo and for a Bookoff close to the JR station, but I decided not go there, because I will visit this building together with Gerhard next week, I was also confused, because I used the wrong exit, after more than an hour I finally orientated myself using a high shopping center to look out of the window and finding out where I am – this was my only chance, because there were no maps provided. The southern terace entrance was the needed JR exit, I found an Kinokunya, a huge book store, where I found the artbook of Valkyria Chronicles 3, which I was searching for months even before the vacation, this store also helped me last time to find an artbook, I was searching very long in and out of Japan. After this there was only the Bookoff, which wasn't really helpful and something to eat left, I went to Subway and ate an Chicken Teryaki, which tasted completely different from the German Version and it's not only the bread issue or the missing of bbq sauce, it just tasted wrong but not bad.

Now I felt shot because of the weather – it also started to rain – and the bad sleep showed their effect. I wanted to do some preparations for the next day, but I instantely fell asleep after getting back. I woke up 2 hours later, because of the weather and finally did my preparations for Odaiba and also did some research about the departure day at Sept. 29th, only found a timetable of the N'EX which goes at 5:55 from Shinjuku to Narita arriving at round about 7:15, so I will have enough time to check-in and everything needed, when a train from Higashi-Koganei goes early as giving me the chance to get the wanted Narita Express.

Next will be Odaiba, so hurray for Odaiba and the eCapcom Shop there and also the Gundam, if it's still there.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen