Samstag, 15. September 2012

Arrival at Narita and guesses for the afternoon

Saturday, 15th September

After a long flight with almost no sleep (approx. 2 h) at 7:45AM I've finally arrived at Narita Airport Terminal 1, after that everything went very fast, so I didn't take any pictures – it's looks like any other airport, too – while waiting in the immigration queue, I was there for only round about 30 min., 5 to find my queue and walk over to and 5 min. per line (so, how many lines were there?) and 1 min for the talk to the agent – had my form already filled while being over Russia -so there was only my luggage to find and take. But first things first, when I got out of the aircraft I almost imidiately took of my hoody, because of the warm and wet wheather, even if it doesn't rain – old memories came back, when we got into the JR train to Tokyo wearing a shirt, a pullover and a jacket, kinda sweaty, as you can imagine.

The customs declaration was also very quickly done, because I was duty free (not me, but my stuff).
I went out with a car for my bags and ended up in the railway area, being confused a lot – Keisei Line, Keisei Bus, Shinkansen, JR local, JR East, N'EX (Narita Express) – I headed over to a big JR, remembering that 2 years ago we used JR Keisei Line to Tokyo and from there with Chuo Line to Higashi Koganei, but when I asked a JR assistant, she said, the JR to Tokyo needs 1:50 h to Tokyo and then another half an hour to Shinjuku for 2.000 Yen (20€) and the Narita Express to Shinjuku wolud cost 3.110, so I took this one, leaving at 9:15AM.

Before the passengers were allowed to enter the train, some workers cleaned every seat and turned it, so nobody had to go by N'EX backwards. Some seconds before the train arrived I bought lemonade for 150YEN, This time I didn't hush my decision like 2 years ago – I had picked something that looked like green tea, but when I drank it, I found out it was kinda sesame tea – so it was very hard for me to stop my laughter, when I saw a man (could have been German, too) picking up exactly the same drink twice for him and someone with him, I sadly missed their reaction, but I can imagine: "Hey buddy, bought us some traditional japanese green tea, looks tasty, let's give it try...iuuuuhhh, was the hack is this, it's oil or something to spice food with, but NOTHING to drink.."
My reaction 2 years ago was very close to this imagination.

But now, after all these events, I'm sitting in the Narita Express to Shinjuku, and I don't regret it, there are only reserved seats, you have only 2 stops – Tokyo and Shinjuku – and you can use the time for writing articles for your blog or playing video games – by the way, I had already 3 Streetpass Meets, everyone of them is playing Monster Hunter 3G – the N'EX is just like an ICE, but better.

After Tokyo Central Station the train will split up into 2 trains, one going on to Ofune and one to Shinjuku, because of your reserved seat, if you bought the right ones, you can't become confused, wheather being in the right or wrong car.

Right now, I guess I'll be at the guesthouse at 12:00, so I'm thinking about switching my planes to get to Shibuya today and tomorrow to Akiba (Akihabara) and Yoyogi, but well, we'll see.

I looked at my netbook and noticed 3:12AM, but that's my time in Germany, so it's 10:13AM, and I will stop at Tokyo in just a sec – they are perfectly right in time, 60 min said til Tokyo Central, and it's 10:15 – the German DB should duplicate such schedules – that's what I call perfect time management.

SOOOO, my lemonade is nearly empty and in a bit more than 15 min. I'll arrive at Shinjuku, I guess I'll just flip a coin, what to do, later this day, You can start guessing, too – what will happen in the next episode, did our travel hero find the strenght to decide what to do, or did he just say, gnaah, whatever, both tastes the same – We will see, next time at "My Journey through the World"..of Games and more.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen