Montag, 24. September 2012

Rainbow Bridge and very hot hours

Wednesday, September 19th

Finally Odaiba was visited. To get there I had to use the Chuo Rapid Service Train for Tokyo until Shinjuku to change into the Yamanote line driven the southern direction to drive to Osaki. In Osaki the chosen line is the Rinkai line with Tokyo Teleport as the target station. When I was at the right track a train was standing there which had the color of the Saikyo line (dark green) but it didn't departe so I checked the train and also asked someone in the train, wheather this was the Rinkai line, it was – the Saikyo line ends at Osaki and becomes the Rinkai line to Shin-Kiba – so I took it.


At the Tokyo Teleport station I got off, I was wondering, when I arrived this station, because it was to quiet in there to hear it and the stations were only shown in japanese, but I was right and so everything was good. My first target was the Odaiba Aqua City a shopping mall, so the exit on the right had to be used. Within 5 or 10 min I arrived at the mall, passing the Fuji Television building.



The first shop I tried to visit was the e-Capcom store, I found it almost instantly, because it was at the same floor, that I entered. They had a diorama of all yet released Monster Hunter Figure Builder figures – there were all areas of MH3G shown. The shop was small but awesome, so many different Monster Hunter articles and also the decoration, they had an armor of Jinouga. This was a costume, that was used at the presentation of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, I asked so many things about the articles, which were offered in the e-Capcom web shop, that I felt a bit like bothering the 2 employes.



In the end of this I went out to the beach of Odaiba. Althought Odaiba is an artificial island the beach and the sea doesn't look that artificial, it just looked like a beach in the middle of a town, and that's what it is, but artificial, because they regrained landmass from the water. I made some beautiful pictures and wasn't even at the water itself. After walking around I reentered the mall again to look around any further and to eat something, there were some restaurants, e.g. Burger King and some other japanese restaurants, that didn't seem to be so delicious, so I decided for Subway... and met there 2 other German guys. This ended up in a smalltalk about made experiences. I notices that there almost only western stores so I went out to the beach.




Because the temperature was very hot, I could step into the water til my knies, it was really very refreshing. It looks like all the other people at the beach were wondering, why I went into the water, but I didn't care, it just felt pretty good. I went along the beach until I reached the Rainbow Bridge, which connects the Shibaura and Kaigan - very near to Hamamatsucho – with Odaiba, so I started to take a walk over the southern path of this bridge, which offers a good view of the Odaiba Kaihin Park, Aqua City Odaiba, the Fuji Television building and other.

When I finished this path (round about 1,5 km) I wanted to go to the Rainbow Promenade – I thought this would be shopping street – but went back to the bridge, because the northern and southern path of the bridge is this promenade. At the Capcom store I bought a small towel, which was very helpful some minutes later. In Japan almost everyone carries such a small towel (20x20cm), to use it when they're sweating or to cover their mouth, because of many different reasons.

When I started to walk back to Odaiba the sun down has already started, so I had to hurry, because I wanted to take some pictures of the beach. That means I had to “walk“ 1,5 km within 5-10 min, so I ran over the nothern path, as fast as possible, taking some short stops to take photos of the skyline with the Tokyo Tower in the background and also the new Skytower, which I think is higher than the Tokyo Tower. At every small stop I had to use my small towel. I didn't think about the weather and the temperature and just ran to take pictures, so I was sweating just a bit...



When I finally arrived at Odaiba again the sun was already gone, but I noticed that wouldn't have been a normal sun down at the beach, because there's no traditional horizon after the water but the skyline of Tokyo, so there was no need to hurry. After that I went back to the Aqua City mall, as there was no good food at the basement I went up to the upper floors, where I noticed a Red Lobster restaurant, where I ever wanted to eat a lobster, so I took one, because I was hungry and very interested in this taste, so even a price of 4.800 Yen was OK.It was worthy and tasted so delicious, can't describe it.

Now there was only one thing left on my list, the giant Gundam Statue near the Tokyo Teleport station. It was a bit tricky to find it, because I didn't imagine, that it was so close to the station, it's in front of a nother shopping mall, I took some photos and also made a funny video. It was already late right now so I went back to the station, because I had a long way to get back home.
Being back home again I was a little bit nervous, because it's only one night away until Tokyo Game Show. I had to get up very early so I went sleeping very early. I didn't have any problems doing this, because the day was very long and I was very tired. As my Nintendo 3DS counts every step, I had round about 20000 steps for this day, so I fell asleep after a short time.

What will come next, which games will be presented at the TGS, how nice and polite will the promoters will be and how good will their english be, You will see, in the next entry of “Is there really a need of speaking english at an international messe?“

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen