Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2015

There and back - Fuji-San PART TWO

Sorry for my delay, my last days were exhausting, I caught a cold thanks to Mt.Fuji and I will tell you why!

As I told you of the first hours in Part ONE to Mt. Fuji after a while the vegetation got lesser by every meter.
Soon there was no grass left anymore and the weather turned from foggy to rainy and then to heavy rain, so I finally had to put on my rain coat. But the rain was not the worst thing, the wind made every step harder and harder.

After walking several hours my legs or knees just went on, I didn't really feel their "pain" anymore, maybe because of the cold.

Sad was the distance that I still had to go, minutes passed without seeing any hut and even after reaching this one, I realized that it's not mine (8,5th station) and I was on 6 only... although I was wet already, (but my rain coat worked) and especially my bagpack, which had no coat protecting it against the rain...

I still had a lot of energy and didn't really feel exhausted or tired, just a bit without motivation, when your place to sleep is so far away.




Some huts offered a cleaning air pressure tube(?) to dry their guests (my hut seemed to be the only one without that service)


Only rocks left, no green spot on my level anymore


At this hut I really felt happy because of reaching it, but it wasn't mine, althought I couldn't see more huts to come... (200 more meters up high...)

I think it was that hut, where I was told to walk another hour to arrive at 8,5th station...






Before climbing Mt. Fuji I always though:"1,8km, OK, easy going, I'll be there in 15-20 min"... - that's right on plains or in the city, but here I needed a bit more time... (sign said 125 min...)






Take a rest and have some food - IMPORTANT: Buy enough to eat and to drink before you start, at every hut you pay way too much - 400-600Yen (3-5€) for a bottle of water / coke / soda - I bought 2 peach drink, 4 onigiri and 3 bananas at Seven Eleven at the Kawaguchiko train station for ~700Yen

I guess I smiled because I at least saw my hut, only a few minutes to go...






UP THERE WAS MY HUT, I could finally see it






It started to become very dark, but I've finally arrived at my hut, YEAH!!!





I've reached my hut at 7:20 PM (~2:30 started) - without taking all the pictures and my videos and without being forced to wait before being able to pass all the other people, I could have reached it ~45-60 min earlier.


3 Bananes, 198Yen - GREAT DEAL... it really is...


My hut didn'z offer that drying service via warm air pressure, so I was cold and wet, not nice and the very expensive ramen neither helped nor tasted good




Here I slept with my wet stuff in plastic bags above my head, my stuff had no chance to dry and the "BEST" thing was that I had to share my space with 2 guys, we had to share 2 blankets, the Japanese guy on my left took "his" blanket and was alseep, it was weird and cold and sandy thanks to the ground of Mt. Fuji and I have no idea why they didn't have enought blankets, but HEY, what elso should I expect for 6.500YEN (!!!!)? - the high price really felt like a kick into my a**


Waking up at 2:something AM, because I couln't sleep anymore, thanks to my Spanish (?) "friend" right next to me and all the others who got up very early... and needed a lot of time to get ready, I was ready within 15 min or so.

Normally the sunrise is at 4:30AM, so getting up at 3:00AM is enought time to climb the last part, but not if so many guys are on their feet. I left the hut at ~2:45 or so, because all the noises were enoying and I couldn't sleep any longer.

Walking up the last part showed an ocean of flash lights, luckily I had my own packed, I almost forgot in my hotel room.




The last part was just annoying, hundrets of people, everyone so slow, you can't imagine, so I did as hours before, I passed them, when ever I could. The ground was easy to climb, only a few small rocks, so it wasn't difficult, just a bit slippery thanks to the rain of yesterday.

One thing freaked me out all the way up this morning - families or groups with a "leading person" - those leaders needed to rush as I did, that's OK, but when they tried to pass me they sometimes blocked my way, so I slipped, I hated their "competitive way" of climbing.

I only didn't want to waste time, that's why I passed those who were not so fast, but these group leaders didn't want anyone to pass them, so they had to make it a competition - with a flash light on one's head and nordic walking sticks you really have an advantage - and when they reached the "turn point" / edge before me they were exhausted and needed to shout at the rest of their group where they were and took a break. "HEY LAURA, I'M UP HERE, I WILL WAIT FOR YOU NOW!!!" - meters below - OK HONEY...

While taking this break they NEVER!!! realized where their flash lights were pointing, so I was blinded on EVERY turn of the zigzag-course resulting in barely seeing the ground that my own flash light (in my hand) was pointed on.


100m left, YES!!!



That was the edge, while waiting for the sunrise, I was standing in the first row....




... but after the sunrise had already begun, the sun didn't really show up.
I was so freakin' angry that I had walked all the way up to see this little piece of nothing. I really hated the sun in this moment, climbing up to have a great view and no great view was there, I really was totally angry and asked myself if it was really worth climbing.

I just left this area to climb up to the mountain peak of 3775,60m.
I started th last part very disappointed.





Incomplete yet.

Heyho folks, that was PART TWO, the last few steps and my way down are left.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen