Freitag, 10. Juli 2015

There and back - Fuji-San PART THREE

I AM BACK, I can tell you, it was hard.


It's time for the last entry about climbing Mt. Fuji / Fuji-San.


To catch up:

ONE: There and back - Fuji-San PART ONE and TWO:There and back - Fuji-San PART TWO

When I did this picture I still was totally disappointed that the sun didn't show up, but....



... the clouds moved so the sun finally showed up






And the anger was gone, it was just so beautiful up there on Mt. Fuji, my emotions turned from anger to joy, IT WAS WORTH walking up that mountain.


It really was that beautiful, just like being painted.



Being (almost) lonely on a mountain is just such an awesome moment, enjoying this view calmes you down and sets your heart free. There was only that moment, nothing else in my mind, just this calm moment, no worries ni pain in my feet, legs or knees, nothing neither the cold of the last night nor the fact that I only slept ~4 hours. There were only the sun, the mountain and me, nothing more but also nothing less, definitely one of the greatest moments ever in my whole life.


Being lonely on a mountain is inspiring...
(I'm not the one sitting there)


This might be the hightest shrine in Japan.




After taking all the pictures of the sun I still had to go a few more steps to reach the mountain peak


If you think that you see snow in July... it's right, in the middle of the vulcano's crater there is snow.




~50 meters left to the hightest point of Fuji-San


YES, I MADE IT!!!! 3775,60m above the sea level - YES, SUCCESS!!!

Being up there I realized that nothing is impossible, crossing this line and breaking through that "barrier" showed me that it's a question of will to reach your goal. You only have to believe in yourself and your abilities. If anyone had ever said:"One day you will climb Mt. Fuji" I would have called him crazy, it always seemed so far away and also impossible to me, that I never imagined to manage it. So if I can break through that wall and make something impossible happen I can crush other impossible walls, too that I thought I would never be capable of reaching such goals.
Being at this mountain peak was such an enormous motivation, unbelievable, I can't explain it, you have do it on your own to feel it.

Sorry for the hat, I didn't notice that it was awry, but this way I was able to have a better view through my camera.




Just before the fog came again.




The last station again.


At correctly 6:00AM I started my way down to Kawaguchiko 5th station.




Going down is a lot easier, although at the first you might slip easily - i did 3 times - little rocks and the fact that they are wet by the rain makes it easy to slip ;)



After a while the sun came out totally and I realized it too late and also used my sun protection too late, so I "won" a small sun burn on my face and my arms.

The worst part of climbing down is the part with the bigger rocks, where you need to use your hands - going up is easy but going is tricky.


You will meet many persons going up, soon you will start greeting them after the first 3 or 4 said hello to you.

Good luck - take care - it's getting worse before it's getting better...

When I went down, at 6:21 I met a couple that I passed after 30 min after starting on Thursday, I guess they stayed on a lower hut and didn't get up to see the sunrise at the top, maybe at 7th station, getting up at 4:30 to see the sunrise while walking their way up.


I saw a few guys walking up, and I really asked myself how they want to make it to the top.



I've been at the goal at 9:09AM (3:09 hours - without taking all the pictures and the videos 2:30 or less is possible) and right after taking these 2 pictures a men (non-japanese) asked me about the trail, I don't remember what he asked, but I remember that I asked him, if he has booked a hut and he said no. I recommended him that he should definitely try to stay at a hut if possible, because 385 min up to the top is the approx. time, more if you're slowly and sure even more if you take many pictures or need many breaks. I guess he was with his son (?), at least another person ;)

It's possible to do it in one shot, but very exhausting especially on this day it was very hot and sunny, but I guess he somehow managed it - If you try it in one shot remember that your muscles won't / only barely have a chance to rest / relax, because you won't sleep.


I caught my bus to Kawaguchiko at 9:30 or so.

In Otsuki I got a reserved seat ticket for the special rapid line train to Shinjuku (no costs thanks to my Japan Rail Pass)




From Shinjuku I went to Gotanda by JR Yamanote, I remembered this Book Off there as one of the best - it really is




I went on to Kinshicho and finally back to Akiba, especially Mandarake, which I didn't visit yet although I go to the inner city via Akiba by using the Hibiya line every day





For supper I had Curry at the great CoCo Curry next to the Ningyocho station


Now you finally saw me on top of Mt. Fuji / Fuji-San, I hope enjoyed it, maybe somewhen you will climb it on your own - Good Luck and take care.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen