Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2015

There and back - Fuji-San PART ONE


I started my trip to Mt. Fuji on Thursday.

It was a long trip that I wanted to do for a very long time and I finally did.

There are several ways to get up that mountain, and also approaching the area.
The easiest way is to take a bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th station, that's also the starting point for most groups. It's the start of the Yoshida trail.

But this year I have the Japan Rail Pass so I wanted to go by train.

I went to Otsuki by using the JR Chuo line but had to transfer in Takao.

From Otsuki I wanted to get to Kawaguchiko, but there is no JR-Line driving there...-.- so I had to pay 1440 Yen to get there. And to get to the fifth station I had to pay again to go by bus for almost an hour to finally arrive at Kawaguchiko 5th station.




But getting there the easiest thing, the real walking was just ahead...







It started just a bit foggy, nothing to worry about...



I couldn't that it should take so long to get up to the top...








The beginning was just like a forest.



While climbing you should drink a lot, but try to avoid the coin toilets (luckily didn't need any of them ;) )










After starting you will be alone for some time, but when you reach the fist huts, it's starting to become kinda crowded. Especially when it's getting rocky and you have to use your arms to get up many people need a lot of time.





While everyone was wearing their rain coats, I had my sweater only - still only foggy, no rain yet.
At the rocks I really felt the adrenalin. I've climbed trees my whole life so this section was easy for me and I passed hundrets of other guys.







I can only hardly imagine to climb up with nordic walking sticks in this area.



The vegetation became less and the way up to the top and my hut seemed far far away - they were...


 That's it for Part ONE!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen