Freitag, 1. März 2013

It's been a while - BIG UPDATE

Hello everybody,

it's been a while since my last entry, so today I have to sum up many things in just one post, but as this might be quiet a lot, I think I'll be forced to split the stuff into different post, so I'll just begin and we will see, what it will end like.

Many things has happened, e.g. the 85th Academy Awards, I won't post a complete list only some examples:

The German actor Christoph Waltz has won his 2nd Oscar - Best Supporting Actor for the character Dr King Schultz in Django Unchained.

Quentin Tarantino - Best Original Screenplay for Django Unchained
Jennifer Lawrence - Best Actress
Anne Hathaway - Best Supporting Actress
Daniel Day-Lewis - Best Actor as Lincoln
Adele - Best Original Song - Skyfall
Michael Haneke - Best Foreign Language Film

Only a small example, because I was asked for it in a comment.

Now it's time to answer the 2nd part of that question / request:
Update about the upcoming trip to Tokyo

Flights and hotel are already booked and everything important seemes to be well prepared, e.g. changing money - lucky me the value of the Yen has been decreased some weeks ago so I used the great exchange rate to saved almost 20% compared to last year.

Some things about the trip are already defined, the means of transportation to get from the airport to the hotel, it will be the N'EX (Narita Express) again, it's so comfortable, a pretty good way to relax after the long flight. Like last year Lufthansa will get me to Japan this year, too, so I guess I won't have any overweight problems with my baggage - last year I had 2 suit cases with 46 kg and a hand with about 14 kg, so my luggage was almost my weight and no overweight needed to be paid.

Some scheduled places will be Yoyogi Park on an Sunday, because only on Sundays the Rockabillies can be seen and as I saw only one of their dances, maybe I'll see more this time, I also hope to see something of the Meiji Shrine Spring Festival, I think u can guess where this festival is held - right, in the basement of the Tokyo Tower, not really

Almost every spot is time-independant, so it will mostly be decided spontaneously.
Some wanted, that I missed or forgot last year are the following:

Tsukiji Fish Market

Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa - After visiting the Tokyo Sky Tree last year I only shot some pictures of the Kaminarimon Gate, where 2 Kami (Gods), Raijin and Fujin guard the entrance, it was late and also dark so I only saw the Nakamise-Dori but didn't "enter" it, this time I will and will also look for the pagode of this area.
Picture of the entrance:
Kappabashi-Dori - plastic food

Odaiba - Gundam Statue while "moving" and the mall behind it

Roppongi Hills

Many more BookOffs than last year, I've already prepared a list of more than 10, let's see how many I can visit within one day

Ginza - shopping district - e.g. the Abercrombie & Fitch Store

Square Enix Shop which has moved to Shinjuku

Imperial Palace - Bridge, garden and the view overall, because it may be visited only twice a year, on New Year and on the Emperor's Birthday (Dec 23rd), but taking a picture of the palace itself is worthwhile, too

Tokyo Stock Exchange - Observation Deck

Sword Museum

Jimbocho - Bookseller's District

Tanuki statue, whereever one can be found, it's also called raccoon dog, the tanuki is sometimes confused with the raccoon, especially in the game Super Mario Bros. 3, it was very often refered to as a raccoon, in the latest games of the Super Mario series the Mario Transformation was correctly called Tanuki Mario.

Yokohama - We'll leave Tokyo and go by JR for almost an hour to get there to see many different thing, just like the harbor, a museum about cup noodles, a giant light house and of course the Pokémon Center, maybe this one will be more amazing than the one in Tokyo, which was not bad, but when I saw it for the first time I somehow expected more of it, maybe my expectations were much to high. Compared with the Pokémon Center in Toyko the Nintendo World Store in New York, which once was opened as a Pokémon Center, was much bigger, so we'll see how Yokohama and its attractions will be.

Hopefully this will answer the question about the trip preparation for now.

Relating to games something has happened too within the last weeks.

Last week a demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been released, this demo is available for both Wii U and 3DS, if my memories are correct the two offered quests are the same as in the japanese demo of this game, you can hunt a rabbit-like beast named Lagombi (jap. Urukusu, which I prefer) in the Tundra, a snowy area, this quest is for starters to learn the first mechanics of this series, for experienced players there a chance to hunt a giant fish, the Plesioth, which former hunters may know since the first installment of the series. You can play both quests with every of the 12 different weapons. As I'm playing the japanese version of this game for over 300 hours I already know almost the hole game except for the german names of the items, quests and skills - the names of the items or quests are not really needed, you only have to remember some signs and if you have played one of the former (all PSP games and also the japanese MH Portable 3rd and MH Tri) games this is also very easy, because the major machanics of the series didn't change, which is good. But if you can't understand the signs for the skills some quests can be pretty asskicking, e.g. the earplug skill is very helpful.
So download the demos for free to try out this great game.

It has also been revealed that a cross region play feature will be within the first update after the release so Europeans will be able to hunt together with players of NA. The update will also enable to play the hole quest on the screen of the Wii U controller.

It's getting late and I'm getting tired, so I'll write the rest of my updates tomorrow.

NEXT:
Example List for things to purchase in Tokyo
Monster Hunter 3G / 3 Ultimate
Bookfair Leipzig

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen