Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2014

Tsukiji Fish Market - new Approach - NO TUNA AUCTION

While writing it's Friday, only today before I have to get back - sad but OK, I'm missing my games, DVDs,... *hours later after telling other non living things* ...and maybe some friends of mine ;P

OK, let's talk about Thursday, after being rejected on Wednesday to see the tuna auction I at least wanted to see the fish wholesale market, so went to Tsukiji after finishing breakfast.

Nobody there to stop me - good feeling - I entered the Tsukiji Fish Market,... I smelled fish, hard to believe but true, guess why.




The area looked a lot dirtier than I expected but still it was awesome to all the different kinds of fish and seafood, most of them still alive. I was wet, everywhere water was pumped, thrown (ice) on the ground or else and it smelled very strong like fish, so I didn't stay in the tight ways too long, also because I feared to be driven over on every corner or to hit something with my fat butt... or my camera bag.






As you may know I made a list of some things that I wanted to see, visit, try or whatever, fresh sushi was one of these things, so I got in a queue on the restaurant area of the market to get sushi.




2.300 Yen for what you can see on the picture, a lot, but it is worth paying this price. It was the best sushi I've ever had, such a great taste, awesome, can't describe it, you have to try it yourself.








When I was done with my meal and had taken enough pictures I took the Hibija Line to Akiba, because I was chasing a rare game for Nintendo GameCube, I kinda got it after some hours, I've been searching for it for years - only need to find a way to play it on my PAL GC. Doing my search I've been to Super Potato, Mandarake, Book Off, "nameless" shop, but finally found it in the RetroGame Camp Akihabara, great, can't wait to try it at home.




When I had finished Akiba, I took a short stop at the hotel, before heading for Shinjuku to meet with a friend of mine. We had coffee at starbucks and delicious food in a restaurant that she had recommended, we ate yakitori, tempura some other stuff (unknown name) and drank sake and ginger ale. The offered food was typical for Kyushu - I didn't know what that actually means, but everything looked great and had an awesome taste and that's all that matters! (not making someone sick matters too, but that's not the point ;)


That's all for now, should be enough, too, I mean it's 4:14AM and I should get some sleep before I'll pack my stuff after waking up.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen