Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2014

Tsukiji - 2nd try since 2013

On wednesday I approached the Tsukiji fish market, I stayed up all night from Tuesday to Wednesday just to get ready and be there at the right time to see the tuna auction, which starts at 5:20 or so.

Last year I "failed", because it was the Golden Week, with 3 holidays, so the market was closed last year, but not this time...
I started at 4:15 (?) passing the Hachobori station and 2 others until I reached the entrance area at 4:45 (3,5-4 km) when a security guy gave me a sheet of paper how to behave, the dos and don'ts in this area right before he told me I was too late..., only 120 persons to view the auction per day, the thing is that the first persons come at 3:30 to get in line, too bad, especially because the internet says being there between 4:30 and 5:00AM ensures to see the auction - WRONG INFORMATION!!!





The following was funny, i was pretty awake, because of having all the Mountan Dew, Monster Energy and other taurin and coffein drinks to pass the night, so I had some fun with my Canon and the remote control.






After a while I finally went back to hotel, keeping in mind that I won't go through this struggle this year again, maybe next year / whenever there's the next trip to Japan. Funny fact - irony - when I started walking back it started to rain..., but it was OK, it's round about 26° and more every day so it was more refreshing than I thought. I arrived at the hotel when they started to prepare the breakfast, on this day I was one of the first, normally I'm one of the last, I just like sleeping when I'm on vacation and this is OK!

When I got up at 2PM to avoid wasting the day, my target was Kichijoji, one reason was the CAPCOM PLAZA, the other a little shrine and German breads. To get there I couldn't use Metro only, so I had to take the JR in Shinjuku. Suitengumae-Otemachi (Hanzomon-Line) - Shinjuku (Marunouchi-Line) and then the JR-Chuo-Line which I still remembered very well, because 2010 and 2012 I took this line daily to get from Higashi-Koganei into the inner city.

After arriving in Kichijoji I went straight to the Book Off - in the ENGLISH BOOK section they had some German Manga of DRAGONBALL. Afterwards I ran directly to the CAPCOM Plaza to accomplish 2 "missions" that I had planned - "Play an ARCADE" and "Win a PRIZE GAME" - both finished, but see yourself, for the Airou (Felyne) I needed only 4 tries (400 Yen), I never won such a game before, so I was pretty proud. There were many arcades, also other machines for gilrs to take pictures with a separat area to style up before taking this puricura(?) - only allowed combination: Girl/Girl, Girl/Boy, Group of Girls/Boy but not Boy/Boy, that was permitted.










After going around I saw a "TED" plush doll (Seth McFarlane-Movie "TED") and then after all I found the perfect arcade for me, ULTRA STREÈT FIGHTER IV, sure I took Gouki/Akuma although I'm not the best using the arcade controller I remebered his moves very fast and also managed the Super and Ultra Combos until... a new challenger appeared, I lost..., but at least I got 1:3 and he was suprised about the Super Combo... and countered with his own Super/Ultra Combo.







Look at his face





Look at the Combo Counter and also how exhausted he is

After leaving the arcade temple I went to Kiddy land right next to it, because I've of the shop and wanted to see it myself - toys for children and grown ups, too - bought a JODA-Star Wars-Cup just because Joda said: "Do or Don't, there is no TRY!" and maybe bacause I like Star Wars...





At the same floor there was a Junkudo (book store) where I bought the biography of Steve Jobs (in english, japanese - pas possible) before I went to Shibuya, the Book Off was reopened finally, seems like they are starting to get a totally new corporate design (Book Off in Shibuya is teh flagship store)




BTW: WISE TRUTH




Except for him:


After that I went back to my hotel.

For diner I went to a cheap restaurant which I had already passed several time, where a huge pile of Soba was offered, so I tried it and also a ramen, so I took 2 whole meals, expecting they were small just because of the price - my failure, I had to eat 2 full dishes, I was tasty and yummy, sure, on my way back to the hotel (1,2km) I felt like the wolf, whome mother goat had put stones into his stomach, so getting back was difficult and also painful.





When relaxing in the hotel I watched some German TV shows via www.myspass.de before I finally went to bed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen