Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2022

New Year - new projects

The new year has just started and it's time to get creative again.

Once again I am working on a book, this time it's about places in Japan that are somewhat connected to a story and not just being nice or sightseeing spots.

The book is called "Japan in Black and White" and is live on Kickstarter like the last one already.



I decided to select monochrome pictures, because they deliver a stronger feeling, which is some times quite melancholic depending on the memory, e.g. 

  • sleeping in a tree house in Winter with -20°C
  • getting a heatstroke and collapsing in front of a temple during my pilgrimage and ending up in hospital with a small kidney damage resulting in being "homeless" and sleeping in an internet café for 3 days
  • almost breaking my leg while snowboarding
  • being "arrested" for flying a drone in Tokyo
  • being "stranded" at night in Okayama - walking and dancing in the streets for 8+ hours
  • sleeping in an office
















 


















The book will contain at least 200 pages and will feature 100+ photos of 100 spots and stories.

Because of Japan's borders still being closed this project is also a way to fight my wanderlust making it some sort of art therapy as well as the book from last year. Being unable to make new memories, discover new places and gather new materials I am forced to stick with my current stock and getting creative with it.

Beside the book project there are 2 more campaigns that I support as project manager:
  • Make 100 - Origami Earrings - Make a Wish
    • the inspiration was taken from the myth of being granted a wish when folding 1000 origami cranes - 200 of those cranes, using 3,75x3,75cm sheets, will be used to create earrings - in addition there's an addons to buy a set of origami figures on top making it possible coming closer to 1000
















  • MAKE 100 - Handdrawn Portrait Prints
    • after editing photos in too many different ways I reached a "limit" until I rediscovered drip painting - I always liked that abstract painting technique but was never able to paint it digitally until I bought a graphic tablet and Clip Studio Paint and found a way to combine that technique with editing my portraits
    • 100 different portraits are offered as 15x15cm high quality prints on cardboard






Maybe you like these projects and consider supporting them, I would be happy.

Thank you in advance - Enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen